Step 1: Place the Antenna
Find a suitable window in your home or office that faces south.
Place the antenna on the windowsill of a suitable window that faces south. Not sure which way is south? Think about where the sun rises (in the east) and sets (in the west). Then stand so that east is to your left and you'll be facing south.
- This window needs to have a clear, unobstructed view of the sky.
- If placing the antenna on the windowsill results in the antenna directly facing the window's frame, place a book or other flat object under the antenna to prop the antenna up so that it is facing the glass window pane.
- There should NOT be any blinds or curtains between the antenna and the glass window pane.
- There should NOT be any metal screens or bars on the window.
- There should NOT be any buildings, shrubs, trees, roof overhangs, or anything else obstructing the antenna's view of the south sky (see below).
Step 2: Aim the Antenna
Open the antenna clamshell so that it is halfway between the horizontal and vertical positions as shown. Orient the antenna so that the shaded surface shown is facing south, in the direction of the satellite.
Step 3: Connect the Antenna to Your SiriusXM Radio or Home Dock
Connect the antenna cable to the ANT connection on the Radio or Home Dock.
Step 4: Verify the Signal
Turn your SiriusXM Radio ON and access the Signal Indicator screen in the menu. The Signal Indicator screen shows the strength of both the satellite (SAT) signal and the terrestrial (ground) (TER) signal (if available).
Step 5: Fine Tune Reception
We need to fine tune the aim of the antenna to optimize signal reception. While watching the Signal Indicator screen, rotate the antenna left or right in small increments, as shown, until the highest possible satellite (SAT) signal strength is achieved.