The SiriusXM Bluetooth Vehicle Dock needs to be paired with your vehicle’s audio system. Once paired, you do not need to repeat the pairing process. After the dock is paired, the audio level of the SiriusXM radio will need to be adjusted.Some audio systems automatically pair with an available Bluetooth device and some create a list of available Bluetooth devices and you select a device from this list to pair with. For audio systems which automatically pair, skip step D. After the Bluetooth Vehicle Dock has been paired then follow the “Adjusting the Audio Level...” steps which follow.
Bluetooth Pairing Procedure
- Place the SiriusXM Radio into the SiriusXM Bluetooth Vehicle Dock. If the Radio does not turn on automatically, press the power button to turn it on.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth Button for 4 seconds until the Bluetooth Indicator LED turns from blue to red and begins alternately blinking blue and red (one second blink).
- Begin a Bluetooth scan on the vehicle’s audio system. Consult the instruction manual that accompanied your vehicle, or which accompanied the audio system installed in your vehicle, for instructions on how to do this.
- Select SiriusXM-XXXXXX for the Bluetooth Dock from the list. The audio system will pair with the Bluetooth dock with no need to enter a PIN code. However, if your vehicle’s audio system prompts for a PIN code, enter 0000.
- Once paired, the blinking blue LED will become steady, and you should hear the SiriusXM audio. After about 20 seconds, the blue LED will dim. If pairing fails, repeat these pairing steps again. If unsuccessful consult the Troubleshooting section.
Verify that the Vehicle Audio System Has Assigned the Correct Profiles After Pairing
- If you have a cellphone connected via Bluetooth to the vehicle audio system, you will need to confirm that the audio system has automatically assigned the Music Profile to the Bluetooth Vehicle Dock, and the Phone Profile to the cellphone.
- If not, you will need to manually assign these profiles.A. In the vehicle audio system’s Bluetooth device menu, verify (or manually assign) the Music Profile (media, musical note icon) to the Bluetooth Vehicle Dock, and verify (or manually assign) the Phone Profile to the connected cellphone. Consult the instruction manual that accompanied your vehicle, or which accompanied the audio system installed in your vehicle, for instructions on how to assign these profiles.
- Each time you pair and connect a cellphone to the vehicle audio system, note that you will likely need to repeat step A for the Bluetooth Vehicle Dock AND the newly connected cellphone.
Adjusting the Audio Level of your SiriusXM Radio
- Verify that AUX Detect is enabled - If you had previously disabled AUX Detect in your SiriusXM Radio, re-enable AUX Detect. Press Menu, select Factory Settings, and set AUX Detect to enabled. For radios without Aux Detect, you must manually turn off the FM feature in your SiriusXM Radio or your audio will be too low.
- Access Audio Level in SiriusXM Radio menu settings and adjust the Audio Level to the maximum volume setting. - You can then lower the Audio Level from maximum if the Bluetooth audio is louder than other audio sources, such as the AM/FM radio.)