The Bluetooth Vehicle Dock has been designed and built to be trouble-free but if you experience an issue, try these solutions.
I want to pair the Bluetooth Vehicle Dock with a new audio system OR forget the audio system with which it is paired
Press the Bluetooth button on the front of the Vehicle Dock for two seconds until the LED is off. Then press and hold the Bluetooth button for seven seconds until the LED alternately flashes blue and red and then three red flashes. The Vehicle Dock is now ready to be paired with a new audio system.
I can’t hear the SiriusXM audio from the vehicle’s audio system
- Increase the SiriusXM Radio’s audio level. In the Menu settings of your SiriusXM Radio, select Audio Level and confirm the audio level is set to maximum. If not, increase it to the maximum.
- Be sure the vehicle’s audio system is set to the Bluetooth audio source.
- Make sure the vehicle’s audio system has assigned the media (musical note icon) profile to the Bluetooth Vehicle Dock.
- Press pause/play on the vehicle’s audio system to un-mute the Bluetooth audio.
- Verify that the Bluetooth Vehicle Dock is shown as the selected Bluetooth source on the vehicle’s audio system.
- Verify that an FM Cable is NOT plugged into the FM connector Bluetooth Vehicle Dock. There should be NO connection to the Blue FM connector on the dock.
- Verify that an Aux In Cable is NOT plugged into the Bluetooth Vehicle Dock. There should be NO connection to the Green AUDIO connector on the dock.
- Make sure the FM Transmitter is turned off before adjusting the Audio Level setting:
- If you have a newer SiriusXM Radio make sure that Aux Detect is enabled as this automatically turns off the FM Transmitter.
- If your SiriusXM Radio does not support Aux Detect then you must turn off the FM Transmitter first in the Menu settings, before adjusting the audio level. (The maximum audio level when FM is on is much lower than the maximum audio when FM is off.)
The Bluetooth Vehicle Dock is paired to vehicle’s audio system, but now it will not reconnect after turning the vehicle off and then on again
- Be sure the vehicle’s audio system input is set to the Bluetooth source. (Some audio systems won’t reconnect unless the Bluetooth source is re-selected.)
- Confirm your vehicle audio system’s Bluetooth audio source is set to auto-reconnect.
- Tap the Bluetooth button to re-connect the dock to the vehicle’s audio system.
- Use the vehicle audio system’s Bluetooth connection menu to reconnect to the dock.
- Repeat the pairing process with the vehicle’s audio system.
- Be sure the vehicle’s audio system has assigned the media (musical note icon) profile to the Bluetooth Vehicle Doc
My Sirius Radio won’t dock
The Bluetooth Vehicle Dock only supports XM and SiriusXM Radios, not Sirius Radios.
Here is a list of compatible XM receivers
- Onyx EZ
- Onyx EZR
- Onyx Plus